Monday, November 1, 2010

For November 2nd, 2010

My stance for this Election Day:

"I developed an alternative agenda
A way to keep the peace within a world of strangers
Their colors all blended contradiction
So I took just one and created an eviction

You all say you’re looking for a way out
You all stay in by looking for a way out
The loudest voice is a whisper, not a shout
And that’s why, that’s why you’ll never get out . . .

. . . On the hill of Red, White, and Blue
The trusted providers of molasses and glue
Flooded the West, we’re stuck and contained
There will be no change, it’s too thick to drain
Ay oh, it’s too thick to drain

Entered the hearing with a song and a praise
Grabbed the trophied weapon laid out for display
Took the podium and gave a speech
Said what they liked: “Teach, Preach, Impeach.
With this weapon it’s either loaded or free
Locked and hidden where you can find the key.
There’s no compromise, no in between, just war.
Nobody even has a voice on this floor.”
And with a gesture I was sure they’d understand
I put a bullet into 535 heads

Policies all tranquilized my potential
To be strong, be the boss, be essential
Get a 4.0 and you’ll be behind
Blood and Duty is politics defined

You don’t hold me anymore
You don’t hold me anymore
You don’t hold me anymore
You don’t hold me anymore"

------- Selection from PATCH: An Act of 3

No comments: