Saturday, October 24, 2009

Routine Measures

Blink your eyes
Once or twice you’ll live in the moment
Multiply
And you’ll keep her in your pocket forever
Don’t forget her
Don’t forget her

Sleep comes and I’ll
Live with her till the day breaks
Just for one night
Then she will be discarded forever
I’ll forget her
I’ll forget her

Everybody’s safe as long as I keep it together
Forever
Cut up into pieces and fed to the vultures
I’ve kept it
Together

Do lovers from the past regret?
The air is bare
Hands of the fallen, do you regret?
I didn’t think so
You didn’t even know so

Kept secret from the world, I’ve loved you all
Regret has yet to rear its head
Even in your pieces, you’ve stayed intact
Free as birds, you wear the rust of my cage

How many lives have been taken so far?
How many wives have I taken so far? x2

Despite all of this, I know my place
It’s not right, I know I’m not right
I’ve kept it together for all this time
For that I’m right
For that I’m right

I’ve never doubted myself, I put the pieces all together with the strongest of glues
I’ve never been accused, all the evidence exists yet there have been no clues
How can you even blame me for knowing what would happen if I saw one twice?
I never saw her coming, I never saw her coming back

No comments: