Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Getting Out of Limbo

I'm hoping to finish the rough draft of Omiss in the next couple of days. I'm also gunning for February 1st to be the first day of the Omiss Sessions. How long it's going to take, I don't know. It was planned to be of a simpler nature than things I've done in the past, but I'm sure there will be obstacles within.

It's really going to rest on my ability to quickly make interesting dynamic electronic drum loops. The rest is pretty simple and DIY.

I had a warm-up session with an old song yesterday and today, a project for my good friend David Nehring. Laying vocals down for a song he and his brother Matt recorded a while back. It was fun getting back into recording after The Lizard People stint in early fall of '09.

Once I find some free time from Omiss, there are also plans to re-record vocals for some reworked Citizens Banned songs, also worked on by Dave. Lots of recording to be had in these wintry months.

No comments: