Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Interim

Post-Holidays is a definite drag. You really do start to realize the full extent of the Winter Limbo that will take residence all around you for four proceeding months if you're within the northern part of the States. That foreboding sense of doom and "Oh god . . ."

Today, it caught up to me in full force. Sipping on a beer, looking for a muse through two inspirational heads: Radio and Portis . . . alas, nothing for tonight, except a bit of depression and want for what I'm currently writing about in Project 2. Love and feeling the pressure of what's to come in the next season, both in terms of weather and in Patch. I've battled for a rehearsal space, I'm trying to acquire a lead guitarist. So far, all of my searches and leads in the guitarist department have come up short. It's a small interim, a passage of gloominess, and I'll see the light once I get some time to myself, I suppose. This happens to the best of us.

The interim. I'd like to finish writing Omiss this weekend and finally put the guitarist situation to rest. Thirdly, I need to prepare the new material for Live rehearsals and get ready for the big move to the new space. We'll be bunking up with Solid Gold, quite possibly the most successful local band in the Cities, currently. It should be interesting, to say the least. An electro-pop band mixing with an electro-proggy-grunge outfit. Time will tell . . .

No comments: